WANT TO GET RID OF SPIDERS?
Do you have Messy webs around the house?
Are spiders a danger to your children and pets?
Potential life-long consequences from spider bites.
First of all spiders are possibly one of the most feared and disliked creatures in Australia. Therefore it is easy to be dramatic about the reasons for Spider Pest Control. Contrary to the common belief they are not all dangerous. However some varieties of spiders can have a serious impact on your home and family.
WHY GET SPIDER PEST CONTROL?
- Some species of spiders, like the Redback spider pose a threat to the lives of family and pets. If dangerous spiders are found in your living environment around the home, some form of spider control should be implemented.
- Even though spider control treatments are short-term, it breaks the life cycle of the spiders that are treated. This means it will take a lot longer for the problem to appear again.
SPIDER PEST CONTROL DONE RIGHT?
Spider control in Newcastle is always a challenge. Spiders are a beneficial part of our eco-system and help to keep other insect populations under control. As a result the balance needs to be achieved while attempting to achieve spider control in the target area.
Spider pest control methods and strategies should also be targeted to the spider’s type:
Spiders can be divided into two main groups:
- Crawling or Hunting spiders; and
- Webbing Spiders
The spider pest control methods Newcastle Kill A Pest uses to remove dangerous spiders from your house will differ according to the group the spider belongs to.
HOW DO WE TREAT FOR SPIDERS?
CRAWLING OR HUNTING SPIDERS
Crawling or Hunting spiders are not found on webs but commonly make their home under leaf litter or bark, in hollows or purpose-built burrows and in general garden areas. Therefore these type of spiders either hunt down or ambush their prey.
For crawling or hunting spiders, control is extremely difficult. Spider control methods are limited to the removal or elimination of each individual spider by direct contact with a pesticide.
For that reason, chemical sprays applied as a “barrier” method of spider control, to stop crawling spiders may not work. As a result no pest control company can offer a genuine warranty on crawling/hunting spiders.
Webbing spiders depend upon silk for their movements and spinning webs for catching their prey.
For webbing spiders, there are a few different spider pest control options.
- Reduce the food supply for webbing spiders. For instance by turning off lights at night. Implementing other pest control measures (such as mosquito control, fly control, etc).
- Remove webs: Removing spider webs may stop you inadvertently walking into them but this is not a long-term spider control solution.
- Chemical sprays: You can spray a spider directly with flying insect spray as a case-by-case form of spider pest control. By spraying chemical on the webs does not always give an effective result. As most webbing spiders hang on using claw-like structures on their legs which do not readily absorb chemical residues. Consequently the optimum result is to hit the spider directly with the product.
Almost always we recommend removing the web after the treatment. Because this allows you to determine when the spider population is building again and when further spider control is needed.
HOW LONG DOES SPIDER PEST CONTROL LAST FOR?
As a result residual spider pest control treatments do not usually work. Therfore the spider population will build up again over time. Consequently if you have a lot of bush and foliage in the immediate vicinity of your property, the time between treatments will be much shorter.