Are the products used dangerous to kids and pets?
At Newcastle Kill A Pest safety is our top priority. All professional pest control products we use have been registered for use and all of our service professionals have been trained on the proper application of materials to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your family and pets.
What are five things I can do outside of my house to keep pests away?
- Inspect and seal any cracks and holes outside your home. Make sure vents are screened and gaps around windows and doors are sealed.
- Check around the perimeter of your home for leaky taps and anything that allows moisture to pool around the base of your home.
- Eliminate debris from gutters.
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery around your home, especially if they are touching the building.
- Store firewood and other wood at least 10 meters away from your home.
What are five things I can do inside my house to keep pests away?
- Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in airtight containers.
- Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
- Check pipes and pipe areas around the house for leaks, cracks and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky taps should also be fixed.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mould and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it’s a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
- Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging you bring into your home thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and in luggage.
Why should someone use Newcastle Kill a Pest instead of attempting to control their pest problems by themselves?
Just as you wouldn’t prescribe medicine for yourself or drill your own cavities, you shouldn’t attempt to control pests on your own. The products and the expertise offered by Newcastle Kill A Pest far surpasses what a homeowner could do on their own. Leave it up to the experts for peace of mind. Why risk it?
How difficult are termites to treat?
Termites are nearly impossible for homeowners to treat on their own. On the other hand, Newcastle Kill A Pest technicians have the training, expertise and technology to eliminate termite colonies and infestations, giving you peace of mind.
What are the different types of termite treatments?
There are two primary types of treatments available to Newcastle Kill A Pest customers. The time tested liquid treatment creates a barrier in the soil between the invading subterranean (under ground) termite colony and your home. The alternative treatment is called Exterra, which is a baiting system. Exterra is a more “green” approach than a liquid treatment, but both are effective methods of control.
What is the most effective type of termite treatment?
A trained and licensed technician is the best person to make a recommendation for each particular property.
What can a homeowner do to prevent termites?
Termites love moisture. Eliminate any moisture around the foundation of your home.
Divert water away with properly functioning drainpipes and guttering.
Reduce humidity in crawl spaces with proper ventilation.
Prevent shrubs, vines and other vegetation from growing over and onto the home and covering vents.
Be sure to remove old formwork left in place after the building was constructed.
Remove old tree stumps and roots around and beneath the building.
Most importantly, eliminate any wood contact with the soil.
It doesn’t hurt to routinely inspect the foundation of your home for signs of termite damage.
Can pests other than termites damage property?
Absolutely. Carpenter ants and carpenter bees are categorized as wood destroying insects. That’s why it’s important to have a professional identify the source of your problem and provide the most effective treatment to control it.
How do you treat for Cockroaches?
Cockroaches have long been one of the most common household pests in our area. We’ve developed years of expertise in solving cockroach problems. Our control strategy depends upon the species of cockroach, which is why inspection and identification is an important first step. Upon identification of the species and analysis of the situation, a strategy is developed. Newcastle Kill A Pest technicians utilize a combination of baits and sprays applied carefully, in a way to provide a safe living and working environment, to eliminate cockroach populations. In other situations, insect growth regulators, which inhibit the ability of the cockroach to molt and grow, are used in combination with other methods. And additionally, we provide information to clients about the ways that they can minimize pest immigration and avoid providing harbourage for pest populations. So you see, cockroach control is really best achieved through a combination of techniques – an “integrated” approach to pest management.
Does Newcastle Kill A Pest have a service to control mice?
The house mouse is one of the most common pests triggering a call to Newcastle Kill A Pest. They are best dealt with using an integrated approach including exclusion, sanitation, and population reduction. Usually rodenticide baits are employed to eliminate mice living inside buildings, but traps occasionally have some utility as well. Each account should be inspected and assessed for the best approach to use at each home/building.
To answer your pest related questions, please call 0400 425 889.